converter and transgo tfod-3

Thegrampatrk

so after discussion ive been told that my converter is just not doing good so im looking at converters and call a friend that owns a trans shop they can order me a lower than stock stall non lockup converter for olny 235 its not name brand but its a fresh rebuild lower stall hd tq converter. with this trans work im going to install a TFOD-3 manual vb kit and a hurst quater stick. the truck has twins and is getting 5x16s will have caltracs and slicks in the rear and will be sprayed*nx* yeah drugs you herd right! Does any one see issues with this plan?

i plan to pull this trans next year for a 47rh just need it to get me by for now with out spending out the ass

Goerend sells a good convertor for 650 and Suncoast is about the same. It's not that much more and would almost certainly be a better convertor.

Buy a better convertor then that, or you will regret it

I know from first hand experience, they suck. Buy a name brand unit, or have your factory unit flushed and reuse it. But don't waste your money on a converter the Trans shop really knows nothing about.

Buy once cry once.

Hell you may like the way your truck feels after a decent converter is installed you may not want to go lockup. Lol

Last edited:
rly looking to go for a lock up trans but i know that if i put lock up in it im gonna need to spend money on it to make it hold up

rly looking to go for a lock up trans but i know that if i put lock up in it im gonna need to spend money on it to make it hold up

Then why spend money on a Band-Aid fix? If it's only a year, save the money and put it into the 47RH unless your 518 is going to die and this is your DD.

$.02

Back