Coolant tank question, plastic one !!

BAF250

Lead - Follow- or Move !!
My coolant is normally @ the min. mark on the "new" sticker (2005)
When i checked it just after starting cold, still running there was no coolant in the plastic tank. Is that normal? Drove normal and got to running temp, shut off
went in store and check when I returned 10 min. later back @ new min level.
Do I need to top off ?

Thanks in advance !!

the coolant is always stored in plastic tanks.... metallic tanks are conductor of heat and can probably make coolant hotant and plastic is bad conductor its always stored in plastic tanks!!!

the coolant is always stored in plastic tanks.... metallic tanks are conductor of heat and can probably make coolant hotant and plastic is bad conductor its always stored in plastic tanks!!!

WTF?

As to the OP's question, yes you need to add coolant. Min. line should be the level when cold. I always idled my 6.0 cold and added coolant to the min. line. When it expands it will rise slightly. If you add a little too much no big deal. The one thing 6.0's do well is dump excess coolant.

Yep Sinner is dead-on about the min. line. And the cheap see-through plastic tank is designed to be the 1st freezing failsafe before getting to your cheap plastic radiator end tanks, and the cheap plastic radiator end tanks are designed to be the 2nd freezing failsafe before getting to your cheap plastic block.....wait, I got a little carried away. Anyhow, don't worry about overfilling the cheap plastic tank, it will spit out just the right amount unless you're really standing on it, then it will change your coolant for you! Steven.

At a FORD seminar we were told that the bottles are marked wrong from the factory and that the MIN. mark is actually the FULL mark!. That is why it comes back to it , because it's right!. Do NOT fill up further - it will probably just push it out anyway.

Back