Cooling problem

98Slushbox

I bought a 97 recently and noticed the engine temp getting hot, so i pulled the tstat and replaced it. It didnt change. Ive tried 3 new tstats just to be sure i wasnt getting bad ones. Since then ive ran it wout one. I pulled the water pump and it looked fine. Anyone experience this b4? Head gasket blown maybe?

how hot is it getting?
x2 on the ir thermometer they are cheap. make sure it is actually overheating, then check the exchange on the radiator. should be at least 15 degrees.

Not sure if the timings bn touched, ill have to check it. It will hit thr red on the gauge if id let it but now that the weather is cold and no thermostat it barely gets off 140. Ill check with a ir therm just to c but with a tstat in the motor gets smoking hot while the rad is cold. With no tstat the motor and rad. get warm together, its odd!

Sounds like you have air in the system with the thermostat in. Find a water jacket plug on the head and remove it to bleed the system.

There is a shunt the bridges the tstat. It would be stopped up for air not to purge

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Travis G! Whats up man!!! You wanna buy low and slow lol, Its nice lookin and runs decent but has a cooling issue
Where is creams at? I expected him to chime in

Travis G! Whats up man!!! You wanna buy low and slow lol, Its nice lookin and runs decent but has a cooling issue
Where is creams at? I expected him to chime in

I'm good on 2 wheel drive vehicles right now! Knowing Anthony he's probably texting someone pictures of his sack.

Back