cotpc 2.5 question

Machine a stock style plenum with runners built in. Then bolt on a plenum to the top. Problem solved. Ive have always been curious why the intake manifold rules are always directed at the cummins engines and nothing about duramax engines.
But then the plenum isn't stock appearing anyway.

The problem with "stock appearing" is who you are. I don't care what circut it is, if you're the right person it means one thing, if you're not, it means a different thing.

The rules for most circuts are like this, IMO. It needs to read EXACTLY what can and can't be done. Like the individual runners, it states exactly that they can't be there. In a case like this, it needs to say "Intake runners must enter in the stock location, and must be machined out of solid material. Access must be given to tech officals to confirm individual runners are not concealed inside a machined or welded plenum" There's no grey areas there. No individual runners, either visible or concealed, and officials have access to see there are no individual runners.

Yes, they are legal. Several people ran them last year. Glen Yoder had one in MTTP and pulled Cotpc a few times I believe. I know my truck had one at the beginning of the season at the indoor pull in Eaton and I was allowed to run with it and those were Cotpc rules

Back