Couple more fans added...

Extended Power

Some changes had made it necessary to replace my Flex-a-lite fans, and go with 4 single 14" fans.

image-31.jpg

Moved the transmission cooler to the back of the truck, and lo and behold if one of my Mark VIII fans didn't just fit damn near perfect.

image-30.jpg

Just had to add a 2" piece across the top to seal it up.
Should cool the transmission without any problems now.

image-29.jpg

Where are you mounting that trans cooler?

Fits perfectly under the box, right where the spare tire was...and she don't see gravel roads, so it will be fine.

Still using the stock cooler in the rad, and adding another filter.

I couldn't tell from the picture but who's 14" fans and model # if you happen to have it handy?

They were from ProComp.
Bought two sets with temperature control setup, but I'm going to run a separate relay for each fan, just use the same trigger wire off the thermostatic switch. (Set at 180*F)

As far as the transmission cooler fan...I may use the same trigger, as the oil goes through the rad anyways, so whatever the coolant temp is, the transmission oil will be close to it until it goes through the remote mounted cooler.
Or just manually kick it on after a few blocks of driving.

Added two more brackets/supports using the stock rubber mounts.

image-47.jpg

Added the additional external filter.

image-46.jpg

Relays for the four fans on the rad, and for the transmission cooler.

image-48.jpg

Have you had a chance to use the fans? Im doing 3 14" fans on my dodge and I'm trying to find a good temperature to turn them on. Thinking of doing 2 fans at 176° and one fan at 200°. It always runs really cool anyway.

I'm glad to see you took the time and added some sort of a valve system for the filter when it comes time to do a change, so many people forget

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I need to get some parts #'s from ya when I get outa the Hospital for the trans setup! I myself have lost 3 radiators and a condenser from using the push lock things that attach the fans to radiators, if I had a mount assembly I'd use that instead.
Are you using Potter Brumfield relay's or Bosch? Potters seam to work better under hood for myself..

Last edited:
Have you had a chance to use the fans? Im doing 3 14" fans on my dodge and I'm trying to find a good temperature to turn them on. Thinking of doing 2 fans at 176° and one fan at 200°. It always runs really cool anyway.

They came with a temperature switch set at 160*F, but I have a manual off switch for faster warm ups.

Thank you

I'm glad to see you took the time and added some sort of a valve system for the filter when it comes time to do a change, so many people forget

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I had valves right at the coolers inlet and outlet too, but thought that made too many connections for possible leaks, so I removed them. (Thought with them in there, I could drop the cooler and clean it if I needed to without too much of a mess.)

I need to get some parts #'s from ya when I get outa the Hospital for the trans setup! I myself have lost 3 radiators and a condenser from using the push lock things that attach the fans to radiators, if I had a mount assembly I'd use that instead.
Are you using Potter Brumfield relay's or Bosch? Potters seam to work better under hood for myself..

The first 2 are BUELER 30/40's that came with the fan controller setup, and the second set are Bosch 30/40. (I bought a case of them, as I use them for my Aeromotive fuel pump too. (No problems yet, knock on wood.)

how is this set up working for you? Is it keeping every thing cool now that summer has gotten here?

how is this set up working for you? Is it keeping every thing cool now that summer has gotten here?

Haven't had any issues at all yet.
Trans temp gets to 150, and doesn't move, and the coolant gets around 185-190, and never above...even after a couple "driving maneuvers."

Ivan looks great! Now that i bought a super duty with a cummins i am going to see if i can get 2 more fans in there. Just for safe measures.

Back