CP3 truck with no alternator

tank21pa

Operation Tow Rig!!
Anyone with 2.6 truck with CP3's remove alternator? If removed how many batteries are you using?
Truck has electric water pump, hydraulic steering, electric fan.

Thanks ahead of time.

Back in 2013,we ran 2 xs power batteries and one optima battery in a 3.0 truck IIRC. Never had an issue with anything getting drained. They powered guages, an electric water pump, hydraulic steering, electric fan, and water pumps in the weight box. I'm just trying to remember if the xs power batteries were 12v or 16v. Even on days with multiple hooks they only took a few mins to charge.

It was a mechanical truck. As long as you designate one battery for your guages, and ecm etc, and 1-2 for everything else I would say it would all work. XS power is a vendor here I do believe. If nobody else has first hand experience with your exact question you may want to contact them and ask them for a reccomendation for your needs.

I ran a common rail 3.0 truck with electric everything and no alternator for the last 3 years. I used 3 group 31 batteries and never a problem. I had a Zeus ecm if that matters.

Definitely look into the XS stuff. I use them (for a different application) and they handle a LOT of abuse. I have no doubt they'll suit your needs.

I ran one battery without alternator and running electric fans with no problems but still running factory hydraulic steering

Back