CPS and a magnet driven tach...

thrashingcows

So my question is this....Will the magnets on the harmonic balancer for a tach effect the CPS sensor?

I was running the two magnets...180* apart on my fluidamper balancer for a tach. This was on my 89 motor so I did not have a CPS sensor. But since I'm switching to the 93 motor from the 4wd donor I have been in a bit of a confused state as to what I should do?

My Tach gauge is an Isspro R5501...so I believe it only works with the magnetic pick-up?

Thoughts?

After some info from a board member...on another site....I decided to do a little digging on the Geno's website.

The R5503 is just a 4K tach...as opposed to the R5501 being a 3K tach. The funny thing is on their website the R5501 tach description only lists the usage of the magnetic pick up. But in the R5503 description it says to use the magnetic pick up...OR...the wiring harness adapter for 92/93 trucks.

I checked their link for the wiring harness, and it specifically lists the R5501 being used with this their conversion harness, and the the 92/93 wiring.

Here's the link....

http://www.genosgarage.com/TACH-TO-OEM-WIRING-HARNESS-92-93/productinfo/ISS-R8912-92/#.Ur0kerS2KSo

So looks like I just need to make up a wiring harness to go from the factory 92/93 Tach plug in the wiring...to my R5501 tach...Sweet!!

Watch out you might need a little resistor in your harness some trucks work fine on just wires but mine didn't I got all my stuff from dnrcustoms.com was pretty cheap and works great now that I bought harness for fac tach on 91 to 93 they also have 21/8 tach I put mine on my column with 2nd gen single pod looks great also almost factory.

Back