CrewCab C-pillar subs?

jvencius

Has anyone ever tried putting a pair of 8" subs where the OE speakers go in a crew cab's (2k2 F-350, FWIW) C-pillars? I was putzing through Crutchfield's website and saw that quite a few companies make a 8" sub and since you never hear the stock speakers b/c of the retarded way they fire into the sides of the back seat, I got to thinking that with appropriate application of a Dremel and Sawzall, then some creative wiring that mebbe that would work as a sneaky location for subwoofers (more so than the Stealthbox). If there is a good reason why that wouldn't work, let me know--I'm far from a super-duper audio guy but have somehow not burned my truck to the frame with my driveway-done stereo these past few years.

it wouldnt fit behind that panel.....but u could fiberglass an 8" woofer back there molded into that panel.

Woofers don't sound very good with out having one side sealed with the appropriate air space.

I had a pair of woofers given to me because the kid just set the speakers behind the seats (no boxes, not bolted down.....nothing). You couldn't even hear them, so he gave them to me. LOL

Back