Cummings swap into 99 Z71

sethmcminn

I have a 99 1500 silverado Z71 new body style and I was looking to get a list of all the needed parts I'd have to get for a swap to a 5.9 Cummings. I don't know which 5.9 is the best for the swap so any suggestions is welcome, and I'd like to find maybe a price range that it'd cost.

I have a 99 1500 silverado Z71 new body style and I was looking to get a list of all the needed parts I'd have to get for a swap to a 5.9 Cummings. I don't know which 5.9 is the best for the swap so any suggestions is welcome, and I'd like to find maybe a price range that it'd cost.

First off, at the top of your list should be the proper pronunciation and spelling of the word "Cummins".

Second, the 1st gen 12v and the 2nd gen 12v will be your best bet in the way of reliability and simplicity when it comes to a swap engine.

Third, the parts list is something you'll have to come up with on your own since we have no info on your truck or the trans you are using.

Fourth, cost will depend all on the performance level you want out of it. Most people wouldn't swap a "Cummings" just to leave it stock.

Fifth, search.

Cost can vary in a big way depending if you do the work yourself or if you have a shop do it for you

First off, at the top of your list should be the proper pronunciation and spelling of the word "Cummins".

Fifth, search.

I didn't even notice, I posted this on my phone and it must have auto corrected I do say Cummins lol didn't mean to offend.

We'll only accept that excuse once...once.

Back