Cummins block bore id for repair sleeve

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Can somebody help me with Cummins 3.9/5.9 block bore diameter for repair sleeve?

The latest Cummins manual have only QSB 4.5 (107mm piston od) data listed, according to manual it should be 109.xx mm, but no info for 102mm 3.9/5.9

The repair sleeve od is 104.xx mm

Long story shortly
The old manual state: freeze the repair sleeve, use Loctite and press the sleeve to block.

The old sleeves went in without problem , but one new crack during freezing.

Now the new manual states : bore the block to needed id and use locktite and press in.

i suspect the new sleeve is different material

My local Cummins dealer can't help me , because they no idea where to find infor

I deleted my post.

The info I posted was wrong. Let me dig and I'll re-post.

Have somebody used the latest type sleeves with old style " freezing press in " method?

I am run out of time and ideas.

Our local Cummins dealer rised hands and they admit : sorry we can not help, we have no idea.
They also said if I used old "freezing" method and specs then I am my own, no warranty for sleeves.
For new method no data will be available for old B series 5.9/3.9 only for qsb 4.5 :soap::soap::soap:

:nail:

:redx:

Please help.

Do you already have the sleeves? If not, buy from darton, advanced, or eric at no limit. They'll provide the proper spec.

I allready have Cummins original from our local dealer, approx $135 each...

Just for information: the machining shop have installed hose sleeves in the past for many my engines without problems.

The problem occures with sleeve wiht manufacturing date 2016

Last edited:
What were the dimensions on the older sleeves and block ID?

According to old instruction block inside biameter should be.
Min. 104.500 , max 104.515

I have no idea what was old sleeve o.d. and I have no chance to measure it.,the new sleeve Outside diameter I can check

The sleeve outside diameter is 104.550mm

That means the sleeve is bit larger than block inside diameter, the differnce will be. -0.035 to -0.05mm

Back