Cummins defueling.... Why?

DodgeDude55

On Saturday I pulled my truck for the first time with the new setup. After leaving the line and the truck hit full rpm, it threw a code and defueled. The code is p0088 for fuel rail pressure to high. Anyone ever have this problem? I have read and read and can't seem to find anything. Truck is an 05 dodge and as far as fuel system it has Tc cp3, wild rail, dual feed line, 32k relief, 150hp nozzles, larger crossover tubes, n has tntr for tuning. Also am turning 4300rpm. If more info is needed let me know

Yes sir. I think I figured it out... I noticed last night when I went to pull the truck into the shop that my air dog was not running n didn't know it since my POS autometer fuel pressure gauge don't work. Found that it keeps blowing the inline fuse in the air dog wiring harness. I had another pump on the shelf for another truck that I threw on last night so we'll c what happens tonight at Waukesha

Still did the same thing with the new pump. Someone told me last night that a version of smarty's tntr did this on heavily modded trucks so I'll download the update and hope for the best

it has nothing to do with the smarty,, it has to do with a $60 part that the smarty doesnt tune in or out.. it is a fallacy among this community that the smarty is capable of taking care of the issue you are experiencing. unless you go with a udc.. it will continue to do it.. which truck is yours?

The maroon 05 dodge with silver around the bottom and black rims.... What's my best route for fixing this? Or is my only option udc?

Back