Cummins guy with a Duramax question

creeg

RELENTLESS
So my dad is new to the whole diesel world, and has some questions about a "finger stick?" And egr block off plate from sevensaturdaysmotorsports.com? Never heard of either one any info will help. Thanks

The block off plate does just that, blocks off the egr. This causes codes. The "finger stick" is a code disabler that is wired into the factory harness. Most aftermarket tuners will disable the codes without cutting the harness.

Ok well my main question is this product or company reputable?

Never heard of them. Diesel parts stores pop up like cash for gold stores since this industy boomed. Kennedy Diesel sell them and has been in the business for quite some time. Having used the finger stick. It works but now that there are tuners available to disable the code I'd g that route. The stick is good if it's all you plan to do though

Last edited:
Yea that's all he's wanting the truck has 35k on it. Its a Sunday driver/ camper puller. With so few miles its on its third egr. I told him a programer would work but he's a tight wad.

Yea that's all he's wanting the truck has 35k on it. Its a Sunday driver/ camper puller. With so few miles its on its third egr. I told him a programer would work but he's a tight wad.

If you check the forums, especially the ones dedicated to Duramax and this one too look at the for sale area, you can usually get a good used tuner that will do what you want for about half the cost of a new one.

I've done some looking. He just called earlier and was asking about some stuff. I told him a good programer or maybe even efi live. Thanks for the help guys I'll look around if I can't find what I need I'll be back. lol

Back