Cummins ISL P-Pump Conversion

78cumminscrew

Hey guys, I'm newbie here and looking for some info on the Cummins ISL as there is very little info since not many people have delt with them on the performance side.

I've seen somebody on here has P-pumped the ISL cummins and is exactly what I'm wanting to know about for my project as well as what parts I can and can't use as I'd like to make anywhere from 450-600hp to rear wheels

I did this with my friend.. works just fine. bolt right in basically.. schied has fuel lines..
ask what you need.. they make a lot of torque..

Ok Thanks on the tip for Injector lines-i'll call them in the morning

. Did you use the 8.3 p-pump or the Dodge version p-pump?

Does the Stock ISL Front Cover and pump gear from caps system useable or does it gotta be changed?

What Injectors and turbo are you running?

Any other advise or problems you ran into doing the swap?

Thanks, Lenny

Dezlfrek-Meant to get back sooner and only got two last question to ask when you get chance to respond-spoke with Scheid diesel on injector lines before I order-Did you get stock length injector lines for 8.3 since block and head r similar from my understanding so I get this correct?

What kind of timing are you running on the truck as I really haven't delt with this motor and how strong they are as their not cheap to buy when on project budget build and want something different from typical 5.9 or 6.7 builds.

The external dimensions of the 8.3 and 9 are identical. Only difference is internal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I thought and understood from all the reading I've done. Just wanting to make sure the iSC P-pump Injector lines stock length was what he used on his ISL before I order them was all--so I can get project overkill on the go lol

Back