Cwente beware

Loaded burrito

I bought a engine off this kid. I talked with him about buying it for about a month. Finally got around to doing so. Was told it was stock and I felt I could trust they guy so I didn't make him run it before I bought it. Got it home and put it in my truck. It shakes,lopes and misses so bad that there isnt any way I could drive it. It rattles and shakes the truck apart. Well I got to looking I noticed tamper proof screw was gone off afc housing so I pulled it off. Afc foot and plate were gone. I also noticed it had Pyro and boost gauges hooked to it. Also every exhaust manifold gasket it blown out. The seller is accusing me of messing it up and will not make it right. I told him that I can send him pics to verify I didn't turn the pump up like rack barrels or installed delivery valves ect. I told the seller I was hoping he would take care of me buy either letting me return the engine for a refund or paying to get pump sent to seth. I also said that of seth couldn't find anything wrong with pump I wouldn't make him pay a dime. I will have a friend of mine on here put up a video of my truck running and our conversation because I don't know how to. He won't respond to my txt messages. This is a attempt to get him to make it right but I'm sure it's a lost cause.

Last edited:
Can't get the video to upload. The motor looks like it's trying to jump out of the truck.

Finally got replied to. He said he was on vacation for a week and thanks for ruining his his reputation on here, and now I am on my own. Anyone know how to upload video and pictures on here

Saying your coming to pay me a visit is not going to do you any good. Im not out to **** anyone over. That engine ran perfect when pulled. If something stuck in fuel system while setting is beyond me. I have always done fair business on here and made things right if there was a problem. You getting on here and bashing me has only done my reputation harm so as far as im concerned you can shove it right up your ass. And if I feel you saying your coming to my house is a threat to me or the safety of my family were gonna have way bigger problems

I found one Guys runs good and another is 2 different things . It's starting and running not knocking might be runs good to him , to find a 12v out of truck body is junk on that don't lope or shake is more rare than you think . You asking him to pay for p-pump labor is alittle unfair most pump shops charge more to rebuild a p pump than a used engine is worth .he should refund your money because your wanting a great running engine not old take out from junk truck his wording ... I feel your both wrong you should listen to it run before buy a engine if your picky ..

Last edited:
When buying a used engine, if I don't hear it run, it's no better than a core engine.

He said it ran great! Business is business I don't care if the person is on vacation or not. Who doesn't have there phone on them especially a kid in his early twenties. I texted him a couple times and never was responded to. Could have let me know what's up before I posted on here. Said part is I'm sure he will just make a new username and do it again. It's my fault for trusting someone and not hearing it run.

Last edited:
It's my fault for trusting someone and not hearing it run.

Sorry this went down like this for you man, but you pretty much summed it up right there.

Trust has no place in business unless it is earned.

I have dealt with BOTH of these guys and wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

I think this is a case of testosterone overriding rational thought, on the part of BOTH parties. LOL
However, I do think a guy has the right to shut off, leave at home or throw away anything related to the internet or phones, while on vacation. ;)

Loaded, I think a little more troubleshooting and effort might fix the issue with the miss, as you should know, pumps that sit with today's crappy ULSD fuel can get gummed up and no one even be aware of it.
I wouldn't rule out it making it to an injector, either.

As far as other comments, I've pulled 350k 12 valves that ran perfect and zero problems, yet I've pulled 50k 12 valves with holes in the blocks.
If you think the condition of the truck is relative to the engine's condition, you don't know much about 12 valves and how many people are meticulous about drive train maintenance, but let the bodies fall apart.
Then there's the eastern rust issue that makes a 50,000 mile truck look like a 600,000 mile truck.

Hope you both try to solve this amicably. :cool:

Mark.

Last edited:
When buying a used engine, if I don't hear it run, it's no better than a core engine.

X2

Friend owns a big truck junkyard and every engine they have sitting in the lot is a "runner". He said they were all running when they crashed and the oil pan was wiped off.

2 things:

1) Nothing said the engine was stock on here. So I would personally check over to see if the tamper screws were messed with, a hole for a pyrometer, anything that says it was messed with. It is my due diligence being the buyer of a set of goods that what the seller has claimed is true. How can you miss a hole in the exhaust when installing the engine??

2) Phuck today's 24/7/365 community. People have lives. If I'm on vacation, I don't care who you are, I'm there to enjoy myself. If you didn't use due diligence, are trying to twist my words, you're not hearing from me until I get home.

I have been trying to upload a pic of our txt messages? He clearly said it was stock. The holes were plugged. I know a lot of stupid kids or old timers that have gauges on a stock truck

Last edited:
The deal on this truck was some people ive known my whole life bought it last summer and planned to swap the drivetrain into a 66 ford. They bought the truck an hour away and drove it home. Even used it on their farm that fall. Fall/winter they disasembled it and lost interest in the project. I bought it in December and it sat inside their shop til March when I picked it up in pieces and brought it to my house. I personally drove the truck before they took it apart. The truck had a factory intake and exhaust and judging by the way in ran I described it as stock or not far from it. I never even noticiced the tamper proof screw messed with and neither did you til you had it home. The truck may have had guages once but they werent in the cab so I didn't pay attention. As far as the exhaust gaskets leaking sorry, its a 22 year old engine with 220k miles. It happens. You got it running and it didn't run good and immediately jumped my ass about it rather than asking about it so who wants to help someone like that. I spent several days talking to you trying to help troubleshoot.I then went on vacation on a house boat from friday til the following Friday with my family. I had no service and didn't care to much about it since I was on vacation. I come back to find this post so at that point I was done dealing with you. Then you start making threats to me about coming to my house and that I messed with the wrong guy so no. I will not be dealing with you or having you come to my house for any reason. Ive never been out to screw anyone. I had an issue with an engine with another member on here and refunded his money plus extra for fuel for the trouble. I apologize to anyone who thinks im in the wrong by not refunding you but its all about how you went about it to me. I am sorry you had this problem but you did nothing to help the bad situation.

Back