D Max Water pump questions....

BlueOx03

It appears that my Water pump is on it's way out. It's started to weep. I have a 3000 mile round trip to make starting Friday. So I need to know, do these things go slow enough to make the trip, or do they just fall apart quick? I know people have had them go, I just don't know anyone personally. I'll be getting a new one in the AM, but I hate tearing down a day before a trip. Any experience would be appreciated....

Thanks

Not a real simple fix without a good supply of tools. (Crank balancer needs to come off)
As far as how fast they go when they start to leak, that I'm not sure about.

I just read the helms and screw it, I'm flying and renting an f150. I noticed that I've got a bad wheel bearing now too...when it rains, it pours...

I've seen high HP Dmax trucks do that quite often, eat pumps. I donno why that happens? ....Call Eric, get a run-down and post it. I'm sure there are more things that happen as the pump fails.

That sucks, call me sometime TJ I broke my old phone & lost your # again.

I've never heard of a dmax waterpump do anything but leak.

Burner said:
I've seen high HP Dmax trucks do that quite often, eat pumps. I donno why that happens? ....Call Eric, get a run-down and post it. I'm sure there are more things that happen as the pump fails.

Yeah, I did that but he's too busy.....as usual.

On the truck, it went out at about 80,000 miles, with the GT40R turbo, but no dual fuelers, definetly short lived.

I'm losing coolant as we speak(none visible though)...brought it in once before for low coolant and a leak but it was a bypass(?) hose...

Most of the time if it is leaking a little antifreeze it is the by-pass hose directly under the water pump, If the water pump is leaking it is a larger leak

mine just started leaking a few days ago. it's kind of a pita, but im replacing it. worst part is breaking that harmonic balancer bolt for one lousy nut.

sho[ just replaced mine.Went for a drive and something didn't sound quite right.They think it has bad bearing so they want to replace it again.
Glad there standing behind it,but bummed I can't drive my truck again.

My truck had the low coolant light come on. So i added coolant and checked it about 4 days later. It was low again. I still have a warrenty for the engine on my 05. Will the warrenty cover parts such as a water pump etc. ? Any info will be appreciated. My truck is bone stock with not even 95,000 miles on it yet. Thanks for the info
Ryan

My truck had the low coolant light come on. So i added coolant and checked it about 4 days later. It was low again. I still have a warrenty for the engine on my 05. Will the warrenty cover parts such as a water pump etc. ? Any info will be appreciated. My truck is bone stock with not even 95,000 miles on it yet. Thanks for the info
Ryan

Should be covered by your 100k drive train warranty. If you end up doing it yourself make sure you shop around for a replacement pump. GM is outragous on a new water pump, I want to say they wanted 3 times what I ended up paying at auto zone with a life time warranty. Also not nearly as big of a PITA as you will read on the internet and can be done on a sat afternoon with basic tools.

Thank you all for the info. Going to take it to the dealership to get it checked out and make sure what exactly is the problem. If you can actually trust a dealership that is ..... cough cough ......

Back