Daily Driver/Weekend Racer - Maintenance?

r-n-r

I am interested to see what people are doing for "over and above" maintenance for their street/drag trucks.

13s:
12s:
11s:

not much did not even open the front end up on saterday in atlanta

more than anything just looking everything over and makeing sure there is nothing working its way loose

i pop the hood and look at stuff LOL LOL
kick tires to lol
No i am deacent about maintance, cleen my filter every 2-3 k miles, change oil ever 2k, fuel filters,check all ic and intake boots, and keep all fluids good. other than that just drive it, i have honestly never borken ANYTHING so i think i am doing ok
robert

im about the same as robert......if nothins broke i dont do a thing to the truck. Before i drive to track i ususally air the rear bags up to 60-70 psi, drop the tire pressure down to 40 psi and fuel up since the nearest track is 105-110 miles away.

i have alldiesels change my oil, oil my filter, and hand wash it LMAO

refill the bottle. rebuild the transmission or turbo. :doh:

brandon.

Put fuel in it, maybe change the oil/filter every 5k miles, air the tires. That's it for me.

As a general rule I just do the normal maintenance. There are some exceptions though. I look everything over from top to bottom, just to see if I can see something that needs attention. If I happen to get the tranny above 250* during a race, then I will change the fluid and filter. I will also change the front and rear diff fluids as well as the transfer case fluid, a couple of times during a season. This is more looking for problems then actual maintenance.

Paul

It's the normal stuff for the first couple years. Then depending on how well you built it up from the beginning. For me this year (3rd year of drag racing) Full Billet ATS trans rebuilt after 13 months. (they called it my fault $1600 dollars later) Head gasket, had rear end apart twice due to crappy factory bearings going bad, motor mounts wore out enough to need replacing, transfer case apart due to leak, 15 months after ATS had it apart to change input.

The truck has been sitting as much as it has been driven this year. So all that extra power will catch up to you eventually. All those 4wd launches increase the wear from what i have seen. But you pay to play.

Interesting responses, thank you. I had recently read about crossing a maintenance threshold when getting down to 11s. My truck won't get there but it made me wonder what I might have been missing while running in the 13s now and shooting for 12s.

Back