dana 60 spool?

NEsmoker

So im gonna just put a spool up front and make a hydrualic assist for steering. I was looking at some spools and in the specs they always say (application-rwd). Is there any differences in rear 60s that would make a 35 spline spool not work in the dodge front?

I ordered a Yukon spool for a front Dana 60 from Complete Off Road. I don't believe that there is a difference between front and rear, just spline count and gear ratios.

Cool ill check them out. I dont think so either but you never know.

There's no difference between the front and rear so it will work that way but even with better steering it wont steer well. When both front tires turn the same revolutions and you have quite a bit of weight on the front it wont turn much no matter which way the tires are pointed plus it's hard on axles.

They will turn if you have the power to turn it with the hydraulic assist but it is very hard on axle shafts. Mine would turn where ever you wanted it with the steering setup I had and a spool in the front. That was with 1200lbs on the front. It would turn funny because the back was so light but it still turned.

I know it wont steer the greatest, but atleast with the hydraulics ill be able to turn the wheels decently. I had to deal with my cad locked up numerous times, the worst part is just trying to get the wheels turned with out goin back and forth a hundred times.

Rob: you can't have hydraulic steering if you plan of running any of the 2.8 classes in our area.

Ya just cant do anything can ya. Theyll never see it, ill put a rancho shock boot on it and it will look like a stabilizer shock. I cant remember seeing anything in the rules for it but i cant pull them up on my computer for some reason.

Truck/Tractor Rules

These rules are pretty much in line with everywhere else we pull.

There's no problem with running an aftermarket hydraulic steering set up, just not allowed in any 2.8. You would have to bump to 3.0, modified or RWYB.

i ran 39's with a welded front....it turned ok with crossover stearing.

you plan on running drive flanges?

manual/automatic hubs dont like locked front ends

Yea, i gotta make some calls here and see what i can get. But 35 spline and drives are the plan.

id run the 3m axles with the northwest fab drive flanges.absoltly tuff as nails

unless your wheeling and get the wheel into a pinch situation you wont have a issue i wouldnt even think the stock 30 splines are that big of an issue...unless you have traction issues ie wheel hop

All this truck does is pull. When i pulled it apart for a gear swap the stock axles were both twisted at the splines.

id run the 3m axles with the northwest fab drive flanges.absoltly tuff as nails

unless your wheeling and get the wheel into a pinch situation you wont have a issue i wouldnt even think the stock 30 splines are that big of an issue...unless you have traction issues ie wheel hop

Any type of traction power, 30 splines won't hold up.

Back