DD Monster

Pipeliner

I have done some research here and Have completed ARP headbolts,AFE stageII Intake,MBRP 5" T-back,FCDP EGR full delete.

What I have is a 06 6.0 that weighs 12,000 lbs of Welding equipment. She tows a 42' toy hauler every 3-4 months for 1,100 miles and bales off in mud on mountians for 60 hours a week. My 1st project build.

Want to order a SCT tune dont know what to ask for on Tune and not sure where to go after tune is installed

i would call Elite or DP. and thats a monster at 12K lbs. plus a hauler !!
you need to look at some good tow tunes sounds like.

A good tow tune will help you tremendously. Most tuners offer tunes that don't raise cylinder pressures, but since you have good supporting mods that won't be a problem when it comes time to write your tunes. Their are several good folks out there that write tunes. The best thing to do is just try different ones to see which one you and your truck like best.

get with justafarmtruck on here his name is trevor and has set my friends up with a lot of good tunes for there 6.0's

Please clarify on Different. To my knowledge I would purchase say the SCT Livewire and whom ever I buy it from would setup my program, is this correct?
It sounds as though you guys are telling me I can get different tunes for 1 programmer? Thanks for the feedback guys.

Someone correct me if im wrong but the sct livewire comes with tunes straight from the company but you can also upload custom tunes for it

Ok, it's been awhile so bear with me on my memory. The SCT Xcal3 and Livewire come with 3 "canned" tunes on it. These canned tunes are generic and will work on your truck decently. If you want to get the most out of your truck you can contact a tuner and they will get info from you about your truck and write you a custom file that is specifically catered to your truck. Things like what flash you have, gear ratio and tire size will all be figured into how they write your tune. Basically, you get a tow tune from so and so and then have a race tune from whoever then get a street file from whats his name blah blah blah so on so forth. With the SCT you can hold 3 different files on it that are stored and load them for whatever you feel the need for. Make sense?

Sounds good to me DZL. Thank you very much. SO....... Pointers for good "Tuners"?

Sounds like I have the 2 I should seriously look at. Im researching for a good tow tune now. Thank you guys for your time and help

ok, I got my oil cooler today and tearing the cab off tomorrow. AS soon as I finish these adds Ill figure out how to post sum pics of my DD Monster! Thanks again FCDP for my parts

Back