Dead Pedal common rail?

ACFarmer

On to the next project
Ive got a friend that has an 03 Dodge 2500. Says the other night he was driving home and it just lost the pedal. He shut it off and it came back but then its done it a few more times. Pulled the codes up with his smarty and he couldnt remember when he was telling me, it was either a P0121 or a P0122. Anybody have any experiance with this? Sound like maybe the throttle postion sensor(or whatever the actual name of it is) up on the drivers side of the engine is going bad?

Ive got a friend that has an 03 Dodge 2500. Says the other night he was driving home and it just lost the pedal. He shut it off and it came back but then its done it a few more times. Pulled the codes up with his smarty and he couldnt remember when he was telling me, it was either a P0121 or a P0122. Anybody have any experiance with this? Sound like maybe the throttle postion sensor(or whatever the actual name of it is) up on the drivers side of the engine is going bad?

not sure if it helps

but 2121 and 2122 are apps related on both.. search my posts... been there done this... but if you want a cliffnotes here goes (keep in mind, mine is an 05.. pedal and sensor all in one.. the 03 is a bit simpler)

check

grounds
batteries for full charge
connections at ECM

that should get you started

Too bad it's an 03 because I have one with the apps on the pedal I would sell you. I thought was the problem and bought a new one and it didn't fix it. But I ended up pulling some plugs off the tranny and cleaning them and it went away.

Back