Decisions decisions.. hmmmmm

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
It's a different look then I'm used to on my truck. Still trying to figure out if it's the route I want to take.. Rear wheels were shot from deicer. So I will either buy two new ones for the rear. Or have them all powder coated to look like this one.. And yup. I spray painted it! Trucks going to get the 2.5" chopped out of the rear blocks and have the stock springs put back in with some 305/55/20's thrown on (325/60/20's on it now). And I think that will make the black look a little better. Still just not sure which way to go. Front bumper will also be painted (Back one stays). Not sure whether it will be a cover or a sport bumper, but it won't be chrome, and the headlights will be black. Sorry about the pics. They suck. Not the greatest lighting or camera and the spray job was quick. Not sure how to make them big either.

Attachments

• wheeltest 022R.jpg
    wheeltest 022R.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 54
  • wheeltest 023R.jpg
    wheeltest 023R.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Wheeloptions 1.jpg
    Wheeloptions 1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 69
The wheels look good even with the spray job.

Here is my opinion:
Paint match the taillights like a sport model?
What about a non-obtrusive Rear Road armor style bumper instead of the chrome. (I don't think a front sport style bumper matches well with the chrome rear bmper IMO.)

Here is my buddies truck doing something similar to what you are looking at doing.

9724_1232662381235_1369412721_30644611_7332613_n.jpg

if you're going to do the sport bumper up front why not go with a roll pan in the rear?
index.cfm

i have to say i love the roll pan look if i could do it on my 3rd gen with out having it looking hacked up and keep my hitch i would be roll panning it in a heart beat.

Jeff I would go with the black. It will look good and as long as you keep up on all the black detail work it will make the whole truck look that much better. This way it can buy you some time on the paint job that will be needed later.

Damn Halo! His truck has quite a bit of similarity to mine.. I really need that hood.. And those are the headlights I will be going with.

As far as the rollpan. I really want the rear bumper. I need to be able to step on something. If it were a 2wd, it would be an easy decision. But I think 4x4's need a bumper. So I guess I'll have to think about it a bit more.. Not really keen on the "Notchy" look of the Road armor on an other wise smooth flowing truck. And after seeing a photo chopped image of the taillights painted, I'm not a big fan of it. Makes the taillights look real tiny.

Glad you like the black Mike. Chris came over and loves the look too. We rolled them up to his black 99 and he's a bit jealous of em now, lol.

thats why you get one of those flip down steps that go into your hitch or just keep you ball in the hitch with a lock. here is TJ's roll pan i like the looks of it
l_7d0f5839bc554a4887bef0a8b0ed1fe1.jpg

I think Im ditching my bumper aswell, multicolor bumpers on a solid color truck just dont look right.

Here is one user JFlagg made, I dont think it looks too notchy. Find a buddy with welder maybe. I dunno.

DSCF2483.jpg

DSCF2484.jpg

And on the tailights, have you seen Roskoe115's Truck? I dont think they make them look too small. IMO

IMG_0270.jpg

Here is one user JFlagg made, I dont think it looks too notchy. Find a buddy with welder maybe. I dunno.

DSCF2483.jpg

DSCF2484.jpg

And on the tailights, have you seen Roskoe115's Truck? I dont think they make them look too small. IMO

IMG_0270.jpg

Got any pics of that rear bumper with the tailgate on? It does look nice and somewhat simple to make.

well... maybe the roll pan isn't a horrible idea if I can find something to step on.. I'm just REALLY into the "clean" and simple look... and I was kind of wanting a superhitch (which would look silly with a roll pan). But I might be able to make something else work.

i like the black wheels they look great from the pic i would leave them alone if they look that good in person paint the front bumber to match the gray, leave the tail lights alone the black wheels brings them out i think

Back