Decompressing?

Farmallgray

I am building a pulling garden tractor (IH Cub Cadet) with a Kubota 1105 cc diesel engine. It will be turbo'ed and water injected.

I'm planning on having a cam ground for it and I will most likely need to fly cut the pistons for valve clearence. I realize this will lower the compression somewhat.

Is there any other reason to lower the compression? Or is it only done to provide valve clearence?

Is that a 3 cyl? If it is i got one in my grasshopper mower. Pretty sweet engine.

What model engine are you starting with? I'm working on a 2 valve DI aluminum head for one now, using bosch injectors and planning on putting an A pump on it, but i'm making different pistons for it. If you are planning on still using the IDI head, you will be somewhat limited on how much you can drop it.

Is that a 3 cyl? If it is i got one in my grasshopper mower. Pretty sweet engine.

Me too. I've wanted to turbo the thing from day 1. What turbo and how do you pump up the fuel on the three cylinder 22 horse Kubota?

Do you guys have any photos of your Kubota builds?

Heath

It is a 3 cyl model D1105. You have to use the original head but it can be modified. These run about 23:1 compression stock. I'm going to use a Mitsubishi TD02 twin scroll turbo. I'd like to look into eventually converting to DI, but the rules require the stock head. So I would have to come up with a way to convert the stock head.

I'd like to see how you are putting an A pump on. Some of the pullers are doing this but I can't picture how its done.

Back