desert diesel national request

Todd W

Comp Diesel Sponsor
So I am very excited for this race and have one request. If it cannot be granted that is fine, but I thought I might ask.

I like to run 2 classes so i can get more runs in, more fun for me. This year I am going to be running SS and PS. Sometimes it gets quite hecktic between classes and was thinking that maybe with the new 11.90 index that maybe some guys may run et and the 11.90.

So with that being said it would really be great if the order of classes could be; et, SS, 11.90, PS, then the really fast classes after, it would sure be nice to have a little time between classes, then maybe a few more might try double dipping.

Please?

Good luck with that. I agree, but have never made any headway.

There will be trucks running SS and 11.90 too. As Rob said never had much luck changing the order.

I think Randy and crew are very willing to listen to requests, but it has to make sense for the whole group of racers. They usually like to run ET first, then clean & prep the track for SS, PS, Pro Stock, and Top Diesel (in order). There has been concern (valid IMHO) that moving ET in between would bring too much debris on the track, between dirt clods off of frame rails and rocks from street tires. The proposed run order sounds like it might work well except for SS or PS racers wanting to also run 11.90 (but I would expect many more ET trucks running 11.90 than SS or PS). I'm probably their biggest headache as I usually run ET and Pro Stock at every race!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I am hoping this proposed order might be feasible in that it is the same order they have been running. They have to stick 11.90 somewhere might as well be after ss rather then before it. Guys running both ss and 11.90 would have it the same whether its before or after.

Our class order for all races will be ET, 11.90 Index, SS, P Street, P Stock, Top Diesel. It is impossible for us to make all situations for all racers as convenient as possible unfortunately. We make our best attempts to accommodate racers that want to run multiple classes but we cannot make everyone happy unfortunately.

Our class order for all races will be ET, 11.90 Index, SS, P Street, P Stock, Top Diesel. It is impossible for us to make all situations for all racers as convenient as possible unfortunately. We make our best attempts to accommodate racers that want to run multiple classes but we cannot make everyone happy unfortunately.

I understand, never hurts to ask though. Looking forward to seeing you guys in AZ.

I understand, never hurts to ask though. Looking forward to seeing you guys in AZ.

we appreciate any suggestions and always encourage input. We have chosen for multiple reasons to run our classes in that order this year, but if we find the above suggestions to be better after we have some hands on experience with the racers and the people running multiple classes, we may decide to change things if it isn't working well.

And we are looking forward to seeing all of you racers as well!! Its time for all of us to get all of this stress from planning the season off of our shoulders and actually get to some racing!!!!:woohoo::Cheer:

Crap, looks like running 4 classes will be a bit tough with two trucks. I've got a new pair of racing shoes, so hopefully I don't wear them out running between rigs.

Back