Destroked tach adapter alternative

DCS's unit may look gay and outdated but works great! I have nothing good to say about destroked including their sh!ttty customer service.

I just used a 47rh in my 03 therefore no need for tach

I also didnt have much luck with Destroke tach adapter. I think there is a few issues with it but the biggest in my mind is the small pick up window it uses. This intern if not set-up correctly cause it not to work right, or cause low tach signal. I also think the pick up they use is junk. I play around with using a crank sensor for the ford on there pick-up and I got much better results, but that got me thinking why even use there wheel when I can machine the 12v dampner,
What I did was machine 4 .500" slots in it equal spaced around it. I then took the ford crank senser(can you cam senser also) and mount this so it .018" from it.

This give me a perfect tach going into my PCS controller. I still get a low rpm on my tach on the dash. I have scoped the cam sensor and it not fadding off or giving different readings.

Since I can get a perfect tach signal at the PCS controller, once I get some free time I'm going to see if I can set it up to output the signal to my tach on the dash.

All in all its not a huge deal to me to not have the right rpm it just something I will get around to fixing

The PCS Software has adjustments for this issue, you just need to learn how to use it, these controllers are universal and not one size fits all files for every application.

For my applications, the pcs is a non-factor. It wont affect the crappy design for their tach pickup

I ran the destroked tach kit on my 05 12 Valve build and has been trouble free since first revolution. Gotta keep the ford harness wires separate from each other using as much of the factory foil that separates them as possible. Good setup I'd say

I have a DCS unit. Great products and GREAT customer service. Tach is smooth and steady no jumping and have had zero issues with it

Back