Did I trip the TIPM? Starter won't crank..

STROKETHISF350

The solenoid on my starter has been working intermittently and stopped working while I was parked at a friends house so I ran a jumper wire to the starter so I could get the truck home and it started but stayed engaged so I shut the truck down and tried again but the bendix wouldn't come out. I then got a new starter and installed but in not getting any power on the yellow solenoid wire when I put it in the start position, I read of other people having to get the TIPM reflashed because the tripped it. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether or not a reset at the dealer will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 dodge 6.7

My truck is at the dealer right now getting a new tipm for a now start problem.
They are having trouble programming it because the truck has a tune? Can that be possible? Yes the tipm can be reflashed thats what i took mine in for but they ended up saying it needs a new one:/

I am going in to have my computer reflashed back to stock anyways because it had an unknown tune on it when I bought it so I guess it be a good time to see if they can reset the tipm

I'd say that first and also check the solenoid and fuse.
Not sure on 07 but earlier had all the power for the ac going through the key switch.
They can melt wires in the column and kill the switch which is only about 25 bucks at auto parts stores but low quality.
Also what about the brake interlock switch. If it doesnt see you pressing on the brake it wont command start

The truck is an 06 it has a TIPM and no relays like the earlier trucks have, also the gear selector is working on the dash so I don't think it's pns switch problem

My truck is at the dealer right now getting a new tipm for a now start problem.
They are having trouble programming it because the truck has a tune? Can that be possible? Yes the tipm can be reflashed thats what i took mine in for but they ended up saying it needs a new one:/

ANy interest in a used tipm? Works fine no problems. Bought a new one while trouble shooting but that wasnt the problem! not sure if they are the same or not but mine is off 2010. Just throwin it out there for ya!

ANy interest in a used tipm? Works fine no problems. Bought a new one while trouble shooting but that wasnt the problem! not sure if they are the same or not but mine is off 2010. Just throwin it out there for ya!

How much ? Might need one the dodge dealer I went to today said there's no way you can reset the TIPM

My 06 is dead, red light for security on, but pns is not showing on the dash. I thought it was security/wireless control module but if you know what is the significance of pns not showing? When I do a guage panel test it also does not light up.

Thanks

I know 04.5 vs 06 is PCI bus VS Can bus and IPM vs TIPM.
On an 04.5 the brake interlock circuit doe not change or effect the column indicators.

There is a separate range switch on the trans itself which has 3 circuits one is the actual range switch.

Then in the column you have an adjustment for the shift cable to set the column.

The brake interlock is independent and does not effect the indicator but will cause a no start.

All that said and Yeah the TIPM's suck

Last edited:
Took it to a local dealer who knew what they were doing as oppose to the idiots I went to the other day, they reflashed it and it fixed the TIPM is all good now truck starts by they key. Only complaint now is since they updated my turn signals are blinking super fast, the tech said my led tail lights are the cause and I need to install a resistor.

Took it to a local dealer who knew what they were doing as oppose to the idiots I went to the other day, they reflashed it and it fixed the TIPM is all good now truck starts by they key. Only complaint now is since they updated my turn signals are blinking super fast, the tech said my led tail lights are the cause and I need to install a resistor.

there is an alternate reflash they can do to kill the fast blink caused by LED's

Back