diesel fuel in water?

twelch3

i have flushed my engine repeatedly & got a new radiator,but even after flushing engine with clean water,fresh water gets contaminated very quickly with fuel somehow!engine runs smooth, lil bit of white smoke in whisper tune of dp tuner f5 chip, revs great could this be a blown head gasket or something else to do with the heads?truck is early 99 f250 7.3l. thanks for any and all help!:bang

that is sounding like a head gasket it could possibly be a crack in the block but i wouldnt bet on it ...now the problem is finding what side ill wish u good luck

IT sounds like your injector cups may be leaking, the best way to check them is to pull the injectors and pressure test the coolant system. if it was me id do all 8 cups, best way is to pull the heads and have an engine shop install the cups, you can do this job on the truck but it takes a special tool and can be a pain, and i also recommend you replace all your injector orings

i thought that if the cups were leaking that fuel would get into the oil, but the oil always looks great, i did pull the injectors earlier and replaced all the o-rings,but i think i will pull them again and check the injector cups.i will also pull the heads and replace the gaskets, thank you all for the advice, i will post what i find

im a diesel mechanic most of the time when the cups start to leak it goes in the coolant not the oil, you mite have to leave pressure on you coolant system over nite with the injectors out to find a leak, im allmost 100 percent sure the cups is your problem i seen it many of times in larger semi engines, good luck and keep us updated on what you find

I'm also a diesel mechanic, factory trained on powerstrokes and you my friend have a bad injector cup. Yes it would be smart to change all 8 at one time.

i thought that if the cups were leaking that fuel would get into the oil, but the oil always looks great, i did pull the injectors earlier and replaced all the o-rings,but i think i will pull them again and check the injector cups.i will also pull the heads and replace the gaskets, thank you all for the advice, i will post what i find

The reason for that is because the fuel pressure overcomes the cooling system pressure, which in turn pushes the fuel into your coolant. Hope you get it back to rolling soon...Brian

Back