diesel "sputter box"... of sorts

Devan Manis

usually bitting my tongue
What if you lucky duramax guys were to write a program with your efi live that on your race tune you put a thing in there where if the throttle position sensor read 97% or higher, and the brake switch was open(brake applied) the computer brought the boost up to your desired psi(say 15) and you just hold your foot to the floor and when you see it go green, you just let off the brake then the computer commands full fuel when it see's the brake switch close. do you suppose that would get some better 60ft times or harder launches? Any one willing to try it? heck you could even make it to cut out cylinders... just to give it that "mean" sound, or just hold the fuel back which ever.

now where did i put that rev-gain.

Last edited:
I have thought about this too. It would be pretty cool.

Kinda like a Studder(?SP?) box built into the programming... I don't know if the EFI Live has the capability to write that type of program to the Computer?

You would write a DSP2 with the "second" side hooked through a relay to the brakes. The first side of the relay will be hooked right into a brake wire (passthru), the second side of the relay will go from DSP2 wire, to relay, to ground (no power). DO NOT RUN 12v through the ECM!! Set the Throttle Base Injection table (A0102) to zero starting at 2200 or 2400 rpm. Everything else should be identical to the First Side (full kill side).

I will see if we can get direct RPM rev limit support for the DSP2 side.

McRat said:
You would write a DSP2 with the "second" side hooked through a relay to the brakes. The first side of the relay will be hooked right into a brake wire (passthru), the second side of the relay will go from DSP2 wire, to relay, to ground (no power). DO NOT RUN 12v through the ECM!! Set the Throttle Base Injection table (A0102) to zero starting at 2200 or 2400 rpm. Everything else should be identical to the First Side (full kill side).

I will see if we can get direct RPM rev limit support for the DSP2 side.

It is there with the new 5 pos tuning.....we are all ahead of the game!:rockwoot:

i have mine set to only go to 2100 rpm when the break is applied

Back