Diesel Super Stock Trucks @NFMS

MilesBeyond300

I love this truck class as it truly is one of my favorites to announce as I travel throughout the summer, but something at the Farm Show seems to throw these trucks for a loop? There will always be speculation as to which class would be the better fit for the Saturday Afternoon Session at the National Farm Machinery Show. I guess my real question is how can the Diesel Super Stock Trucks make Louisville work for them?

http://www.milesbeyond300.com

DOnt know if nfms had any of these in the pits. But someone had one for us at Murfreesburo and it is the only way to go moving heavy trucks around.
7_zps8c95545c.jpg

Last edited:
I think that the truck pullers really need to watch and talk to the tractor pullers on how to be prepared and ready to hook. The breakage I can't help with, but the show really drug on trying to get the trucks to start, the try to spool. The diesel tractor guys would be starting as the tractor would be set down in front of the sled, ether guy was already spraying and the tractor was cranking when the smoke tube was in the sled tube. I don't know what secrets the tractor guys had with getting them to start, but the truck guys just were either lacking experiance dealing with the cold and going quickly, or they just didn't really want to keep the show going. It was pretty bad that when Van Haisley was interviewed he first apologized to the crowd and the puller board for the fact that the pickup class was poorly prepared and didn't keep the show rolling.

I bought the afternoon show just to see the pickups. I was dissappointed and it was painful to sit and watch the class. Many others in the crowd were not happy about them dragging on.

I wonder if the 3.0 class would be better on street tires for the breakage aspect. Not many hear want to hear it, but the 2.6 class with single rear tires would work better too. I was very suprised how many of the trucks broke driveline at the big end. The NFMS track hooked very hard, and the sled hit hard too.

Michael

The tractors are alot easier to move into position and get to the sled than the trucks are, and there is really no way around that.... If it were up to me, just let the truck fire up and come into the arena and on to the track thier selves.... honestly there really isn't enough smoke and fumes to hurt anyone from those trucks at an idle any way..... Wether that would speed things up or not, i do not know, but anything would be better that what they are doing now.

Compared to the alky fumes what little would come from the diesel wouldn't be noticed

I doubt they will let them drive out on the track but I hate to say it but theirs a good chance they wont be back next year.

Compared to the alky fumes what little would come from the diesel wouldn't be noticed

Although this may be true, unfortunately it is what people see. It is no different than the issues diesels have had in the public eye over the last 30+ years.
I have never been to the show so I don't know how good or bad the show is, but I believe they did have record numbers the year the diesel pickups were added. Are the basic fans complaining or just the people who have more interest in the sport. Some of the discussion comes from other people wanting their preferred classes added (4.1 Limited Pro, etc.)

We have our first indoor pull in 3 weeks so we will see how much fun it is to get in and out of the arena.

Although this may be true, unfortunately it is what people see. It is no different than the issues diesels have had in the public eye over the last 30+ years.
I have never been to the show so I don't know how good or bad the show is, but I believe they did have record numbers the year the diesel pickups were added. Are the basic fans complaining or just the people who have more interest in the sport. Some of the discussion comes from other people wanting their preferred classes added (4.1 Limited Pro, etc.)

We have our first indoor pull in 3 weeks so we will see how much fun it is to get in and out of the arena.

I think the one you are going to in Nebraska doesn't use a smoke tube does it? I had seen videos from it, and doors were open etc. I could be mistaken though. However it seemed like it was basically just under roof.

As far as the the fumes, I was at an indoor pull, near greencastle Indiana,( the facility was awesome(300x600 so you could have a 300 foot track) and the gasoline trucks put off fumes that just burnt your eyes. Granted they were clean looking.

I think the one you are going to in Nebraska doesn't use a smoke tube does it? I had seen videos from it, and doors were open etc. I could be mistaken though. However it seemed like it was basically just under roof.

As far as the the fumes, I was at an indoor pull, near greencastle Indiana,( the facility was awesome(300x600 so you could have a 300 foot track) and the gasoline trucks put off fumes that just burnt your eyes. Granted they were clean looking.

Our event is different than the one that you are thinking of that used to be in Broken Bow or Kearney. This indoor is actually a PPL pull with the Nebraska Bush Pullers. This event requires smoke tubes and they do not let the trucks/tractors run in the building.

Like you said it "looks" clean.

Our event is different than the one that you are thinking of that used to be in Broken Bow or Kearney. This indoor is actually a PPL pull with the Nebraska Bush Pullers. This event requires smoke tubes and they do not let the trucks/tractors run in the building.

Like you said it "looks" clean.

Yes sorry, broken bow was the one I was thinking of.

I think the 2.6 trucks won't be as bad as the mods as the compression is higher.

I know we had some late season hooks up here, and my truck would crank off at 60 degrees pretty easy.

How hard would it be to have a second tube so the drivers could get the truck started while current pull is going on? Then pull up to the sled and swap tubes. Granted there will be a small time of no tube but I don't see that being an issue. Again I haven't been to an indoor pull so this may not work.

Usually like at gordyville and tn there is a place where 4 or 5 tractors can go to warm up in pits with a tube..

Back