difference between 03 versus 06

dangerous06

diesel tech
Are there any hard parts beefier or better on the 06 since the 03 is rated at 255hp and the 06 is 325hp? Was going to build an 03 using 05 block and crank and head and use the 03 CPL 8410 to get the rebuild kit. Will the ECM run 05 injectors? I know about the piston differences just wondering what are the major differences?!

No internal engine beefed up parts between the two just the piston type and spray pattern difference as you mentioned. All 5.9 dodge truck ECM's will run any year dodge 5.9 injector.

So the HP difference is only ECM program and turbo and maybe cam?? 04 got bumped up to 305hp.
Yes the kit has pistons and yes will go with the 03 style pistons and injectors.

cam is same/same

03 HO was 305

only difference is HO have metal J style piston squirters with corresponding notched piston skirts.

for the most part a CR is a CR

SOME very early 2003s have the machined cap rods, rather than the junk fractured cappers. I'd consider that an advantage.

I'd be wary of running a 3 event ECM (2004-1/2 plus) with the 2003/early 2004 bowls, as the post firing event may be out of the bowls, if the timing is altered too much.

Mark.

Back