Difference in 1st and 2nd gen 12v injectors

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
A friend of mine has a 93 intercooled 12v and thinks that 2nd gen 12v injectors will work with his VE pumped truck all you gotta do is change some brass fitting or adapter for the fuel line...he asked me to find out for sure.

Any idea what he is talking about? has anyone ever done this...thanks!

I think it is actually a brass fitting over the injector, not the fuel line.

I was wondering the same thing. I know they will work but where can you get the bushing. I need a set for 93.

Never heard of a bushing but it would be great if someone made one I ended up having a set edm ed for my first gen.

Last i checked the nut that holds the line has different threads and the p pump sticks have higher pop pressures that will cause the VE pump to self destruct. You can swap the second gen tip to the 1st gen bodys but the pop pressure will have to be reset. Oh and the only bushing that is made is to use 7mm sticks in a pre 91.5 non ic truck because they use a 9mm tip instead of a 7mm.

ford69557ci said:
Last i checked the nut that holds the line has different threads and the p pump sticks have higher pop pressures that will cause the VE pump to self destruct. You can swap the second gen tip to the 1st gen bodys but the pop pressure will have to be reset. Oh and the only bushing that is made is to use 7mm sticks in a pre 91.5 non ic truck because they use a 9mm tip instead of a 7mm.

What he said.

I need to lay off the sauce, or stop posting at work. :redx: :eek:wned:

I have run a set of p pump sticks on my test hot rod VE but the higher pressure improved flow none so for the purpose of makin the pump last i would just kee the pressures factory

ok well what he is telling me now is that he found a set of "475hp" injectors for a 2nd gen and he wants to run them in his truck for big power...i will tell him what you have said so far tho

Just tell him to call us and I will make it easy. We have plenty of 1st gen injectors in stock.

Chuck
New Era Diesel

Most want the 435 but I talked just about everyone of them into the 370 or a little smaller.

depends on power i have a set of 6x20's that i run now but i use water to cool it and the funny gas to burn it all until i get the twins on. if the 475 hp ones r cheap then he could put those tips on the 1st gen bodies and just have the pressures set but what hole size and count are these 475 hp?? i have found that a 6 hole runs cleanest on the first gen so far.

I talked to schied today and brad told me that some of the later 93 trucks had the same injectors as a 2nd gen. He told me if they aren"t the same all you need is the bushing. It wont hurt the pump and the threads are same. Let ur smoke. :ft:

A friend of mine wanted to use my stock 215 sticks in his dads 92, and was told the spray pattern was different as well as the pop pressures and would cause it to run odd. Any truth to that?

Red smoker the pop pressure of the second gen sticks will kill a VE pump its been proven and somewhere in my busted stuff pile i have a 12mm h&r to prove it. I would like to see this magic bushing because the only bushing I have ever seen or heard of for 1st gen injector conversion is the one that goes around the tip and down inside the head. I had to change 2nd gen tips onto 1st gen bodies for one reason the threads were different where the injector line screws on. If that wasnt the case evrybody would just have pop pressures reset and throw the whole second gen stick in and save some time and trouble. Kas83 who ever said that was right the spray angle is different the 1st gen engine uses different pistons than a second gen. It wont cause it to run funny usually all you get is some idle haze but with somethin as small as a 215 i doubt there would be any haze. And yes the pops are higher and will kill a VE pump.

Back