Digital music

NEVRNF

I can't believe at this point we do not have a digital music system (IPOD) that can give us the sound quality of a CD. I use sattelite, IPOD and brodcast right now and every one of them sounds like crap. My head unit Pioneer AVH-P4300 is due for replacement and i am trying to decide if i want to find a old school SQ head unit like a Pioneer PRS. Are any of the new generation double din head units up to the task? Also, What are you guys using for your music source. Do i need to just get a good burner and go back to CD in order to get the quality back?

I just put a nice system in my truck. Sound quality sucks on xm, fm, bluetooth, pandora streaming through the headunit and hd radio. I listen to those options when I want variety or if I am bored. When I need to rock out, I pop in a cd.

FLAC is a music format that is able to go to 192 kilabit(just as good if not better than cd). If you are using iTunes files, last time I did it you could only convert to WAVE files, also what size iPod do you have? If it an 8 or 16 gig do not expect to be able to hold a lot of songs. FLAC takes up a ton of data, it hold more information than WAVE, things like album art and such. I use a software called dppoweramp, it is 20 dollars but allows you to convert to a bunch of different files. Add the songs you want to convert and pick file type. It takes a bit but is well worth to my ears.

Back