Dodge Dana 60 Steering Mount

JerrodGlover

Pulling God
I would like to change from a steering box and electric pump to a full hydraulic system with a twin ram on the axle. Who has some pictures of he they mounted the ram? Did you mount the orbital valve in the cab or on the firewall?

I still use the factory steering wheel and shaft. Right on the other side of the firewall at the first ujoint location is where I mount the orbital valve above the shock. My cylinder is centered but many mount it offset and closer the axle.

Attachments

• 10372948_10201971446360189_2718250209058585574_o.jpg
    10372948_10201971446360189_2718250209058585574_o.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

I mounted my orbital valve right to the stock steering shaft mount on the firewall.

blue flame fab makes a dana 60 front ram mount that looks pretty nice was gunna switch this winter also.

So, what's the advantage to the full hydraulic version? Does it take most of the bump steer out that's associated with an electric pump?

I would like to change from a steering box and electric pump to a full hydraulic system with a twin ram on the axle. Who has some pictures of he they mounted the ram? Did you mount the orbital valve in the cab or on the firewall?

Being proactive for my Chelsea, MI track next year LOL

Looks good Jeff! Do you have a picture of the mount for the valve? I am doing a full hyd steering this year along with a bunch of other changes

I don't, unfortunately. All I did was remove those two nuts that hold up the steering column. I made a 90* plate to mount to the orbital valve. I drilled two holes on the horizontal surface and slide the plate over the two studs on the firewall. Put the two nuts back on and then mounted the orbital valve to the vertical surface of the plate. Those two studs are only about 1/4" in diameter but the whole set up was pretty sturdy.

I don't, unfortunately. All I did was remove those two nuts that hold up the steering column. I made a 90* plate to mount to the orbital valve. I drilled two holes on the horizontal surface and slide the plate over the two studs on the firewall. Put the two nuts back on and then mounted the orbital valve to the vertical surface of the plate. Those two studs are only about 1/4" in diameter but the whole set up was pretty sturdy.

Who's valve did you use to get it to match up to the factory steering shaft?

You just welded the valve to the firewall instead of mounting it inside the cab? Pic of the steering cylinder on your truck or the one you helped build?

You just welded the valve to the firewall instead of mounting it inside the cab? Pic of the steering cylinder on your truck or the one you helped build?

No. You know inside the cab, the part of the firewall that comes towards you, that the steering column is attached to?

That's where I mounted it to. There are two 1/4" studs that hold up the steering column. Remove the steering column and attach your bracket and vale to that. Steering wheel is essentially the same place at stock.

The pics are of my old truck.

No. You know inside the cab, the part of the firewall that comes towards you, that the steering column is attached to?

That's where I mounted it to. There are two 1/4" studs that hold up the steering column. Remove the steering column and attach your bracket and vale to that. Steering wheel is essentially the same place at stock.

The pics are of my old truck.

Okay thanks Jeff. I ended up with a 13" shaft, quick release steering wheel, valve and cylinder kit from Performance Pros for 1400. I was wondering if that is where you mounted it.

Back