Dpf Question On A 09 Lmm

kingranch1

I have a friend with a new 09 LMM and wants to delete the DPF. After reading several threads it appears he can use a earlier model like a 06 turbo back and use the EFI live to cancel the DPF signals. I just want to be sure he will not need anything else and the brackets on the new exhaust are all in the same location for the install,so no other modifications will be needed. Can he truely just wrap the unused sensors etc in a plastic bag?
Thanks

The front pipe hanger is in a slightly different location but isn't really an issue. It can be moved or not used. I have just wrapped up the ones I've done.

I have friends that have lbz and lly exhaust on there lmm's and they bolted right up other then the "front pipe" mount.

my father in law wants to do this, what is different about the front mount? cuz if i do this for him i better have my ducks in a row.

my father in law wants to do this, what is different about the front mount? cuz if i do this for him i better have my ducks in a row.

They will still bolt right up. The flange area itself is identical, I believe they only changed the way it mounts to the engine. It's not an issue though. You shouldn't run into any problems bolting on an exhaust designed for an earlier dmax to delete the DPF.

There is a hanger that goes into a bracket that is bolted to the transmission. On the LMM the hanger is in a different location than it is on the older trucks. It has no effect on the exhaust bolting up other than that hanger will not be used.

thanks guys. should he buy a tuner to cancel the signals or do the resistor thing?

MBRP for 2001-2004 has adjustable hangers and works great for the LMM. Have some tune it with efi for a nice power, clean tune.

gonna resurrect this one...

ill be in the same boat here once my warranty is up....like the idea of efi live being that ill be able to do some cummins stuff on friends trucks with the extra electronics.

now my question being, on my 08, basically the truck hauls my 1/2 12v and is my dd....i dont want to go inside the trans at all if that can be avoided. what tunes/ levels will be safe with stock internals?

also...egr deletes?

gonna resurrect this one...

ill be in the same boat here once my warranty is up....like the idea of efi live being that ill be able to do some cummins stuff on friends trucks with the extra electronics.

now my question being, on my 08, basically the truck hauls my 1/2 12v and is my dd....i dont want to go inside the trans at all if that can be avoided. what tunes/ levels will be safe with stock internals?

also...egr deletes?

im in the same boat and from all ive read the tranny is the limiting factor. these motors make more power than the tranny can hold if you put a mid level tune to it. ive read that the transgo jr helps a lot for mild tunes and its relatively cheap and doesnt require trans removal( the kit is like 140$). one of the other "requirements" is a triple disc convertor( the real weak point on the allison). from all i can gather the stock tranny will hold about 400 RWHP FOR AWHILE and in moderation. the issue is the 5-6 gear, the line pressure holding the clutch packs drops waaaaay off after it shifts out of 4th. (like, 140 pounds) transgo jr kit boosts this pressure to 170-190.

right....ive played the auto trans/fast dd thing with my old megacab dually... the exact reason i have two trucks now. mainly i want rid of the watermelon shooter exhaust and gain some mileage.

Back