Drive Pressure Filter Set Up

CR From Hell

Never Satisfied
I want to do a unique set up for my drive pressure filter, something other than the standard coiled cooper tubing as I don't really like the look of that for a street truck. I was thinking about doing black 1/8" NPT pipe into a section of -4AN PFTE lined hose and then into the filter. My concern is how well the rubber hose on the inside will hold up against heat and exposure. It's basically a closed system so there shouldn't be much flow to speak of, but I wonder how the hose will handle any heat or if it would crack eventually due to exposure to soot and moisture. Thoughts?

The hose will melt down on the inside. I just used 1/4 SS tube and plumbed it straight into the filter. I can touch the tubing near the filter after a pass with out burning myself.

If you want something flexible, PFA tubing is good for lots more temperature than PTFE tubing, over 500 degrees F.

Are you talking about putting the tubing right onto a fitting on the manifold though? Bare proximity to 1300+ degrees will melt most any non-metal tubing I can think of... But a foot long piece of stainless tubing will get you far enough from the engine for PFA to last forever though.

Back