Drive pressure VS boost

DieselMonster

Ok I have a 215 in a auto truck , 887 pump, 15.5*, FF stock plate, OFV 30 psi..

I have guages, I see 26psi on boost guage, pyro is in check topps out around 1050* up hills WOT.

I'm looking for a good DD turbo (Single), My understanding is that the HX35W would have too much Drive pressure to build much more boost than that..

I beleive the highest #'s i have seen are around 45-50 psi drive pressure, So I dont want to adjust the WG and push it too far.

Also, what would be the big differences between the WG and Non-WG, Faster spool ? or would one flow better ?

Get a phatshaft 62 if u are not doing much else. They work great for dd and gets are low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

You could go with a box 63. The compressor map isn't much different from a 66 so it would give you room to grow. I don't have a drive pressure gauge so I can't help you there, but spool is great and egts are usually under 1000 with my setup. I'm guessing stock DV's and injectors? If so it may have a little lag. The converter stall on the auto would effect it as well. I know I saw a thread about it somewhere, but I know very little about autos.

Back