Drop hitch

mxracer70

Well im going to be moving to colorado springs in march. My truck is pretty big. 46 inch tires. I bought a brand new 28 ft v nose car hauler. But someone decided they needed it more than me. Only had liability on it like a dummy. And inside the trailer was my spare set of rims with 35s. So now I'm thinking of getting a u haul car dolly strapping my car in it and tossing all my junk in the car and bed of the truck. It's a 1100 mile trip. What's everyone's opinion on 12 inch drop hitches? Hopefully some one can steer me one way or another

i have a 10" rapid hitch i like it but it deff bangs around when i hit pot holes due to the clearance on the pin and slide on the hitch part

I used to tow with a taller older 4wd truck so I understand your dilemma as I too had a tall custom made drop hitch. It only worked for me because I didnt tow any heavier than around 6000 lbs. But I have seen others in the same situation with drop hitches that are supported by braces mounted to the ball nut and run up at an angle to somewhere on the frame. Looks like it would work..... :Cheer:

I would think it would be fine towing a car dolly, hardly any weight on it.

Back