dt-360 build

jimdawg185

I posted my conversion in that area but any help on the motor from those who know these would be very appreciated!!!!

dt360 going into an EX for the drag strip.

what are the 466 guys running for harmonic balancing at high R's
Vibratech TVD These guys are who Fluidampr sends you to. Must me a subsidiary of theirs.

Also, any one have any ideas what should be done to the rods and such for 1500 crank HP. I am going to talk to Scheid and H max soon, but I want as much info before I open my wallet.....

We are having a front cover made to run the later water pump and convert to serpentine so I believe that it will be the 466 balancer and hardware....

what do you consider high R's? we used a stock balancer and run right around 4500 rpm

Where are you getting the serp belt conversion stuff from? I'm really wanting to get rid of the v-belts on my DT466 too.

Thanks,

Heath

I am looking to go to around 5k or so, but it really depends on the pump. Not that far along yet but want to know my options.

The serp conversion is being made by pipewhiner. I actually think Carson's is doing the machining though. However, it is not cheap by any means, given that the hypermax cover alone is 1400 I am hoping this is a little cheaper and leaves me some cash for some more go fast parts. I would look into the newer 466e for a lesser expensive serp conversion though, it might swap out nice and be much more cost effective.

I've read on a few rule sections, that if you go past 4500, you need an SFI approved damper. Just make sure they get you one that is. To get 1500hp out of an engine that small, you'll probably need to rev to the upper end of 5k, if not into the 6's. A couple pulling places make big cube kits for the 360, which would really help.

The serp conversion is being made by pipewhiner. I actually think Carson's is doing the machining though. However, it is not cheap by any means, given that the hypermax cover alone is 1400 I am hoping this is a little cheaper and leaves me some cash for some more go fast parts. I would look into the newer 466e for a lesser expensive serp conversion though, it might swap out nice and be much more cost effective.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I've been looking for serp parts from a NGD DT466 or from a DT466E, but havn't found anything yet. Please let me know what the final cost is and please post up some photos when you can. We all love photos of projects.:rockwoot:

Heath

Found an 88 dt360. Only has 68k on it. Any one know about the changes and advantages year per year on these things....

Found an 88 dt360. Only has 68k on it. Any one know about the changes and advantages year per year on these things....
From the info I've seen, an 87 is the only one that's not a great find. Not that they were the bad choice, it's just the 88-93 had the upgrades. Possibly from the addition of roller lifters(the 466 started roller lifters around 88 also). I saw a few deals at a bone yard in Fresno's web page, not sure of the condition though.

Any news on the serpentine belt conversion parts?

Heath

Back