Dual wastegates

Highwayman

bored.
Since I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, what is everyone's opinion on dual wastegates? Any issue with venting one to atmosphere and the other to the hot pipe? Or would that cause weird pressure issues?

I'm running dual gates, but I'm just not sure if they're vented to different places it will cause a problem with a difference in pressure. I dont have a good path to the hot pipe from the front gate is why I'm asking

Good question, something I hadn't thought about for mine yet either to be honest. I don't see why it would cause any issues for one of them to be vented to atmosphere but who knows.

Being you said you don't have a good path to the hot pipe, which way do you have the manifold? I've seen some who have flipped the manifold so that the gates face downwards as opposed to up, not sure if it would help or hinder your fitment issues but it could be a potential option if you wanted to be able to run them both to the hot pipe. I'm also sure you've thought of this but just in case you hadn't.

Yes, I have mine flipped up for fitment, and where I want to put the gate (#3 cyl) there isn't much room.
even with the outlet of the gate facing the engine. I just don't want to have a 3 foot long dump pipe going around all the other piping LOL

No question about it...the gate vented to the atmosphere will vent waaaaay more than the gate which is tied into the hot pipe. (Fighting zero pressure/vs whatever pressure is in the hot pipe.)

This is one reason people oversize the gate if dumping into the hot pipe...

If your dumping 3 cylinders to the air, and 3 into the hot pipe, there is going to be an imbalance of cylinder pressures inside the engine.

I was scorned severely when people saw how I was only gating one up pipe from my v8. (Only one manifold was gated.)

Now I have both sides equally gated to atmosphere, which is way different than when I had it dumping into the hot pipe.

Back