Dumping fuel into oil

Smoking S

Got an 08 dumping fuel into the oil bad. Had eight gallon in it when I first got it. Changed it and with 15 mins of run time it has 5 gallon in the crankcase. Has low rail pressure code in it. Took valve covers off put dye in upper fuel filter ran it and did not see no dye coming from injectors, lines, or rails. rev'ed motor up to get rail pressure up to 14,000 or so. My snap on scanner will not command rail pressure up. Dropped the oil again and turned lift pump on with plug out of pan, still did not see no fuel. What's the next step to identify the problem?

You just buy it? I only ask because my boss just traded his 08 in that was putting fuel in the oil, had just over 100k miles, all options...

Little rust spot on LR bumper, and a small dent in the front of the hood?

If you checked for leaks under the valve cover there is nowhere else to leak from besides the pump. Its not fun to get to it but not to terrible.

Sounds like a sticking injector. Keep running it w/ fuel dilution and you'll wash the cylinders out and ruin that motor, if that isn't the case already.
Good luck!

Connector tubes or injectors can cause fuel into crank. Cannot see this from valve cover. If tube not seated properly to injector or orings could cause this.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Friend had one that the Fuel pressure regulator started leaking but it would spray with the valve covers off.

Back