Duramax Front End Gone Crazy At Numidia Drags?? Need Ideas!

globaltruck1

Me and some buddies went to the nadm national at numidia. Took my buddies lmm. The truck is lifted 6" has 35" tires. The front steering angles are no different from stock because of the lift design. I put some PPE tie rod sleeves on it and they didn't seem to do there job. The truck has roughly 500-550hp I'm guessing. We launched it in 3rd gear and tried one in drive, both times the pass. side wheel buckled in bad and the truck hopped all over the place, I'm sure some of you guys seen it and if a video is floating around out here I'd would appriciate if someone would post it. Just looking for suggestions to fix this problem????

I saw that launch...a straight centerlink would fix that. Cognito braces may work, but for a lifted truck the centerlink would be my choice.

yea! think I'll order a center link today and try that. Guess it has some decent power to say the least, Just gotta get it to the pavement.

He came over to me while I was cleaning my truck, and we talked about it as well. I also told him centerlink would be my next move. While your at it, he may as well put some cognito idler and pitman braces on it as well. Beef up the rest of the front end so it's all done.

not sure the braces would do any good with an SD centerlink, kinda defeats the purpose. X2 on the centerlink over the braces since it's lifted

Thanks John and everyone for the tips - just want to get it right. Guess we all gotta start somewhere.

Back