Dynamat Xtreme

NCOVEY

More projects than brains
Has anyone had experience with adding dynamat to the fire wall behind the engine, in the engine bay? It says the Dynamat extreme is good to 300* on their website, but I was wondering about any real world experience using it this way? Thanks in advance-Nicholas

I've been thinking about doing the same thing while my motor is out.....don't wanna do it and have it all melt off though. LOL
I have about 50sqft left over from when I did inside the cab....I need to use it somewhere.

Up to the bottom of it....didn't feel like pulling the dash. There's 250 sq ft or so inside now...that's enough work for me. LOL

Having access to wholesale Dynamat Extreme I've D'mat'd every ride I've owned since the late 90's. That said if its an application that can sprayed and both heat and sound control is desired Lizard Skin destroys the almighty DE.

A common trade show demo Lizard skin uses is a coated electric skillet heated to ~300 degrees with an ice cube on it. It literally takes forever for the Lizard Skin to melt. Lizard Skin is hands down the #1 product being used in the high to mega dollar street rods at the moment.

While not a priority we are going to formulate our own version of this stuff because it not only works great but it would be inexpensive and easy to make.

http://www.lizardskin.com/

Are there any tests that show the sound deadening quality of lizard skin to Dynomat......Also how long do you estimate to pull out the whole interior and dash to do the complete inside of the cab........Thanks in advance for your time.....

here's a real world test that was done to show what these materials will actually do. http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/heat/

i went with Raamaudio on my truck, and it works great. If your doing it to quiet the cab, then do two layers of the matting and one layer of the ensolite foam. The ensolite is an acoustical barrier and really helps knock the outside sound down.

Dynamat Xtreme is good stuff, a little pricey and you can save some money getting the Raamat BXT60 but the Xtreme is top notch. The regular Dynamat is crap, stay away from it.

Back