Dyno information needed

wagoneer

I was today at the dyno shop whit my truck. The dyno shop owner dint know how to dyno my diesel truck whit automatic transmission.(I was the first diesel whit aut.transmission in this shop)
And we did next: slow start and when the second gear was in we hit the peadal to the floor.
We dint use any dynobrakes.
I was getting 328hp and 580 lb-ft

How we have to do it orderly? Do I have to make the speed in this level when it lock up the TC and then accelerate?
Do we have to use dynobrake?

Attachments

• dunoram1.jpg
    dunoram1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 18
  • dunoram3.jpg
    dunoram3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 22
We ususally dyno with the OD off and do a pull in third. Using the brakes or the truck's brakes to build boost will give you a better hp and tq reading, as well as locking the converter. Locking the converter is usually worth at least 20hp, if you're not building full boost brake boosting can be worth 20 more...

:thankyou2: I will go back next week and will try in OD off and also when the TC is locked.
Then I will change the fuel plate and look what coming :st:

Another thing I would start at 1500 rpms in the gear you want to run then hit it from there dont go any lower then drive you will loss hp. And do not use your own brakes to build boost bad Idea. Have you ever seen pics when you hit the brakes on a dyno. Its not good. If they can not do loaded runs then find someone that can.Some peolpe loss power in od and some gain.

kmkdiesel said:
Another thing I would start at 1500 rpms in the gear you want to run then hit it from there dont go any lower then drive you will loss hp. And do not use your own brakes to build boost bad Idea. Have you ever seen pics when you hit the brakes on a dyno. Its not good. If they can not do loaded runs then find someone that can.Some peolpe loss power in od and some gain.

There's nothing wrong with riding the brakes to load the motor on a dyno, alot of people do it, especially with a laggy turbo. You don't want to hit the brakes hard on the way down after the fact.

silverbullet said:
There's nothing wrong with riding the brakes to load the motor on a dyno, alot of people do it, especially with a laggy turbo. You don't want to hit the brakes hard on the way down after the fact.

Thats true you can but most dyno owners will not let you just in case someting happens and you hit them to hard. A lot of dynos are able to do loaded runs, though which are better.

Dyno in Overdrive, with the converter locked up. Guessin you have stock charger, it should lite easy,. Get it up into OD, lockup your converter, than let the RPM's drop down to say 1500-1600 and then put it to the floor till the max rpm you wanna run.

Thanks Brett

and the first runn graphic

Attachments

• dunograafik1.JPG
    dunograafik1.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 14
Back