eBay wastegates and VBand verus bolt on ???

me2

I'm cheap and I'm looking for a 38 or 44mm wastegate. Any feedback on the elcheapo eBay wastegates ?

I'm building my own manifold. Should I be looking for a V Band or bolt on wastegate ? I'm inclined to think bolt on, as it would be easier to fab the flange and more material to weld ? But it would take more room ?

Comments and advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Using cheap china turbos also? Seriously, a new tial mvs 38mm with everything need for install is $260 to your door. Why skimp on such a critical tuning piece?

Using cheap china turbos also? Seriously, a new tial mvs 38mm with everything need for install is $260 to your door. Why skimp on such a critical tuning piece?

Because after a while $200 savings start to add up. I'm not saying that I won't spend $260 on a wastegate, I just want to know what it has before I do. I didn't buy a $1500 K31, I bought a $650 S475, brand new.

What does the Tial MVS 38mm have that an eBay model doesn't ?

This one is $60.
38MM Turbo Stainless Steel Wastegate Waste gate Dump Valve Adj 8 TO 12 PSI BLACK | eBay

It appears to be designed for gassers and they run hotter than diesels. 1600F versus 12-1300F.

I'm cheap and I'm looking for a 38 or 44mm wastegate. Any feedback on the elcheapo eBay wastegates ?

I'm building my own manifold. Should I be looking for a V Band or bolt on wastegate ? I'm inclined to think bolt on, as it would be easier to fab the flange and more material to weld ? But it would take more room ?

Comments and advice appreciated.

I've held the Godspeed 60mm gates they're talking about in the other thread in my hand, they're nice. I was hesitant at first but after seeing them in person I don't see them causing an issue. I plan on running a pair of 44mm gates on my build. Just because they're cheaper than name brand gates doesn't mean the quality isn't there. Just my .02

Back