Edge Insight CTS with stand alone 06 cummins conversion?

RickFox

I was going to use an Edge CTS for gauges on my Cummins CR conversion into my second gen. I have a 06 ECM and Harness in a standalone condition wired in the truck with power and 12v power and grounds. I have the CTS all setup and I can get it to power on, but it is giving me a "Cannot Detect Ignition On" across the screen when I go to connect to the ECM. I called and talked to Edge about the issue and they told me that the CTS communicates with the ECM to get a full VIN from the ECM, and the issue that I am dealing with is the Edge not being able to get a full VIN from the ECM. The issue I believe I am having is not having a TIPM in the conversion harness, has anyone had a problem like this or been able to get the Edge to communicate without the TIPM?

Rick

I have a edge cts in my 02 with a 05 cummins and works fine, however I'm having trouble trying to connect my smarty-6 pod it will connect up and read/delete DTC's but won't download the tunes.
However I put in a second data link connector in for it. You should only need 6 wires to your connector for your edge to work. Wires in 2-4-5-7-12-16. hope this helps some.

Back