Edge juice CS Problem...

jimbo2870

Too much time
Ok guys I need help.. My 01 with a Edge JWA CS model started to act up the last 3 days. The edge will not turn off when I shut the truck off. I have performed a factory reset and that did not affect anything. It has always turned off before and I am worried it might kill one of my batteries. Also the day after it first did this, all the guages were blank and I had to re-enter them. Thanks

My CTS has done this before. It does it if I start the truck and turn it off before the gauges load (like pulling into the garage from being parked in the driveway).
I just turn the truck off and unplug the connector over the gas pedal for a minute and plug it back in. I now just make sure the Edge fully "wakes up" before turning the truck off.

My CTS has done this before. It does it if I start the truck and turn it off before the gauges load (like pulling into the garage from being parked in the driveway).
I just turn the truck off and unplug the connector over the gas pedal for a minute and plug it back in. I now just make sure the Edge fully "wakes up" before turning the truck off.

And unplugging it fixed the problem for you?

Yes sir. I've had to do it a couple of times and it has always worked. I haven't had a problem since I learned to let it fully wake up.
I did have the CTS loose several of the PID's and the power level one time (defaulted to stock power and did not show power level) and the unplug trick worked for that as well. No problems now for a long time.

I haven't had an issue with the CTS, but the CS SUCKS!!! I have 2 of my personal ones that the screen just quit. They were barely used. I will not sell another one, unless the customer insists.

just curious of what screen it was stuck on? cause if it was failed to connect to juice or another error they will stay on since they do no have a read. But if it was on the gauges and they were just froze what I would do is an update on the fusion software you can get on their website. If it still persists then you would need to call tech support for a possible reset for it. They are great guys to deal with and will get you taken care of. when ever mine would mess up I just unplug it and plug it back in, if nothing helps then I do an update and then call tech support for the last step.

Back