efi live and trans.

ok, so I'm pulling my 12 valve engine in a couple months...finally decided on a 06-07 LBZ once I find the right one in black :rockwoot:

I was going to try EFI Live probably from McRat, I didnt know if there was reccomendations for the trans. I figured TC and maybe VB or shift kit. Does Goerend make anything for the DMax's??? But..I don't want to go far into debt w/ this, cuz I gotta build my cummins at the same time. I have noticed on other D-maxes, they'll throw codes when they need more fuel. would a new lift pump help this?? cuz I've seen PPE offers them...who else??

If you are not pulling your Dmax and you have a mild enough tune tthose mods to your tranny should be fine. But if you are going to have a McRat racing tune I would strongly suggest a full tranny upgrade to be safe being that the stock allison clutches only like about 85 horse over stock! I am in the same position with fuel at this poiint in time with my pickup. My tune needs more fuel to run to its potential so I am going back up to see Merchant in the spring for all of my fuel issues. I am going with a FASS fuel system and duel Cp3's if that gives you any help.

Port

Last edited:
For what u want i would probally do just a converter and a trans go JR kit that should hold roughly 400rwhp. And at that power level a lift pump isnt needed but if you wanna put one on it wont hurt. If you end up wanting more power than that, Do the tranny!!!!

Tranny is the first thing that needs to be done.

Once you build the tranny, the sky is the limit. If you buy a regular cab LBZ, it should be pretty easy to make it go mid-high 12's on fuel only with just a tune, exhaust, lift pump, and the associated steering parts.

I built my buddy's transmission with just a triple disc torque converter and transgo shift kit (stock replacment allison clutches), and he runs 13.4 and put down 1041 ft lbs at the rear wheels... The converter is 1200 IIRC, transgo is 200, and replacment clutches and steels are 200. Allisons are cheap to build because the hard parts are pretty strong and you dont need billet input shafts, etc...

ben

Back