efi live tunes

droachcummins

a friend of mine has a 03 duramax. He has efi live but is wondering about the tuning on it. When he bought it the guy tuned it for him. But he is just wanting to get a better tune. He is going to be doing some internal work to the engine but as of right now he just has fass 150,air intake,ats w/ co-pilot. Anybody got some input on a good tune for him.

a friend of mine has a 03 duramax. He has efi live but is wondering about the tuning on it. When he bought it the guy tuned it for him. But he is just wanting to get a better tune. He is going to be doing some internal work to the engine but as of right now he just has fass 150,air intake,ats w/ co-pilot. Anybody got some input on a good tune for him.

the best thing to do is to go to the classes for efi live

he heard that you could download tunes from online. is this true? if so where can you find those?

idk i will get back to ya on that i dont know much about it just that efi isnt friendly user but me and my dad has our own shop and he knows more about it and ill ask him when he gets to the shop

ok, thanks. I agree that it is not user friendly. We just don't want to start changing stuff without knowing a whole lot about it. That is a good way to screw something up.

Brayden at Fleece Performance is awesome at tuning them he put down 730 on Jneal's truck on stock internals

I would love to see the inside of that engine. I am sure it will be opened up before long...

Not likely. Best thing is to join on EFI's product forum. Some GM diesel sites have tune libraries; I'm not sure if there's one here or not. And quite a few Duramax owners here have EFI.

Also Nick @ Duramaxtuner.com offers a tune library I believe its 240.00 for 1 year acess, he will tell you the best tune he has based on your mods and help you dial it in to your truck. I would contact him, he has helped me alot. You can download some of his tunes and just look through them to see what changes were made and their affects. EFI is pretty complex but it is the best of the best.

Not likely.

I use EFI Live, and it is by far the best way to tune a d-max. It is the only thing that allows you to tune specifically to your engine, driving habbits, and specific conditions. I would just argue that 730 on stock internals will destroy them quickly.

Not if you tune them correctly. Keep the pulse width short and timing down and use big injectors and they'll last a good while. Not that I'm saying that they'll last forever but they will run a season or so at high hp levels.

Brayden

I would love to see the inside of that engine. I am sure it will be opened up before long...
ACTUALLY HE POSTED PICS OF THE INTERNALS AND EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. THE ONLY THING WRONG THEY FOUND, WAS THAT THE OIL PUMP PIN WAS SHEARING

Back