EFILive, and Trans. Questions......

JessyPayne

Jessy Payne
Im about to have my LBZ Tuned..... What race tune will this Allison hold?? and What trans build would you do, Im thinking about doing a Charger and Lift Pump, also what Kind of power will I make with that Combo??? Any Suggestions or Comments will help. I really want to make about 600 out of it.

Stock allison 6 speed will hold 400HP for years, 450HP for months, 500HP for days, depending on driving style.

+1. With a turbo you will do 600 easily, run bigger nozzles to help it run cooler/longer. Put a Gmax6 kit in the trans and it will hold more than the stock rods.

Tunes from a good tuner and a transgo jr. will hold 450-475 until the converter lets go.

Thanks..... Supposed to get tuned this week sometime and a Lift pump. Appriciate the Comments.

What will the GMAX hold??? Should I do a full Suncoast build? Plans are to race some tow and have a badass street driven truck...... Lift Pump, Charger/ or BATMOWHEEL, EFILive, trans, Studs......

Lots of guys run the Gmax kits up to ~800hp maybe more, you will need to choose a converter also (1058 is always a good choice if you go with suncoast).

IMO don't bother doing head studs, stock bolts are fine (its the gasket design on some of them, at that point studs aren't going to help you), just run the stock turbo for now and get used to the power. Put all that extra money towards sleeves / centerlink and then you can launch it good in 4wd and it will FEEL faster than a big turbo truck that CANT do a 4wd launch.

On my truck in the Max effort tune (2wd) it will just skin the tires on the street at low speeds so look into getting it to hook up before you start making 700hp...

^^^Contact IdahoRob (he runs ATP) he will set you up with good SAFE tunes, he knows what it takes to make an engine live at the power levels you are looking for and his prices are hard to beat^^^

Last edited:
So a GMAX and 1058 Suncoast Converter sounds good??? not wanting a all out race truck just wanting to make 600 and realiable.

We build allisons in house and have been known to tune a truck or two. We are in Knoxville, not sure who you are planning on using to tune the truck but we can offer a one stop shop or can do the build in stages.

I've never driven a 1058 (I have a 1056) but they couple better than the 1056 so it will pull better when its unlocked. A cheaper option is a Precision ML converter that is just as good if not better than the 1058.

We build allisons in house and have been known to tune a truck or two. We are in Knoxville, not sure who you are planning on using to tune the truck but we can offer a one stop shop or can do the build in stages.

Ever hear of Tyler Radewald out of Dandridge, Tennessee????

I've never driven a 1058 (I have a 1056) but they couple better than the 1056 so it will pull better when its unlocked. A cheaper option is a Precision ML converter that is just as good if not better than the 1058.

Yes Ive heard of a ML converter..... I had a 6.7 Cummins before and it was a Love/Hate relationship. :doh:

You letting Tyler tune your truck Jessy?

Yes..... I was going to Fleece but a few ppl need to wait a few months to go so I dont want to wait. Im ready to get this one Built up pretty good Chapman. Does your's run good? Do you have a Trans?

Tyler does good work in my book...all I have is his tunes,airdog, and transgo. For me thats all I need right now. I dont wanna have to put a trans in it till my stock one goes out. If u ever wanna check it out just holler at me

Tyler does good work in my book...all I have is his tunes,airdog, and transgo. For me thats all I need right now. I dont wanna have to put a trans in it till my stock one goes out. If u ever wanna check it out just holler at me

Alright.... I might give you a shout this weekend he's hooking me some Gauges and EFILive tomorrow. Should have a AIRDOG by this weekend also.

Back