EGR Delete question

Starting in '02 ('02-1/2?) they made the O2 sensor see the EGR cycle difference. If it is outside the factory parameters during the EGR cycle - the light comes on and stays on. One of the tuner guys has a program he'll add to a performance tune for $80. It only runs the EGR cycle until the coolant temp gets to 150. Since the heater hose runs from the engine through the EGR cooler to the heater core, theory is that the EGR will help build heat when it's cold out.

I want to keep the tune stock so I'll see if I can get just the EGR tune, the perf tune is $250 and the EGR tune is an addition.

I just checked out Malone Tuning, they (or their dealers) will do the Dynamic EGR (shut off at 150) for $99 or a Eco Tune for $149 (+1-3 mpg w/Dynamic EGR). I will do one of them soon.

They do EGR deletes too.

I am doing this on my Jetta today. It is getting trashed and I have a Malone tune waiting to go on as soon as I get my new clutch installed. The check engine light will be on, but it still runs and drives fine. My EGR went bad 20k miles ago and has been unplugged ever since with it closed and have yet to have any ill effects. Pictures and such tonight or tomorrow night in a new thread.

Back