EGT Gauge Sticking!

DOUBLE NICKEL

My EGT gauge is sticking and you have to tap on it for it to move. I was wondering if there is something this could be or do I need a new gauge? They are the diprocol's.

Thanks,
Ryan

Im havein problems with mine as well!! Wont read right sometimes, ill be drivin along(just crusin at about 55) and it will just jump to about 1000* and then climb to about 1400* and when i come to an idle it will set at 900* and wont go back till i shut the truck down and turn it back on and then it seems to work fine but it still dosnt read what the TST is readin!
But i do know that they have a stepper motor and have to be tapped to a keyed switch!

Last edited:
Yeah well it had been working fine up until about a week ago and it will read right if I tap on it! Mine sticks at about 600 when I a at idle and then if I tap it it will go to where it needs to be!

DOUBLE NICKEL said:
Yeah well it had been working fine up until about a week ago and it will read right if I tap on it! Mine sticks at about 600 when I a at idle and then if I tap it it will go to where it needs to be!

It must be the guage. You could check the connections on the back (red & yellow wire) but I'd bet you need a new one. Autometer has great customer service. If you have your paper work (bill of sale) you should call them.

Well they are diprocols not autometers, but maybe I should just swap them all for some autometers! I had the cobalts in my second gen and never had any problems with them. I don't think autometer makes any factor matching gauges for the third gens though or do they and what are they called?

DOUBLE NICKEL said:
Well they are diprocols not autometers, but maybe I should just swap them all for some autometers! I had the cobalts in my second gen and never had any problems with them. I don't think autometer makes any factor matching gauges for the third gens though or do they and what are they called?

Eeeeeps, my bad. Pay attention Snedge!!!!!!!
I would just replace the Pyro, Diprocols are good.

Yeah thats most likely what I will do! It worked fine all day today though, I will replace it though anyways cause it only acts right when it wants to!

My cb would drop my egt's to zero on my isspro. Haven't tried it with my dipricol.

My pyro sticks too...

... till I let off the gas. :hehe:

Try calling dipro about it. Maybe they'll warranty it out. (fingers crossed for you)

I have a nextel too.. That means I enjoy horrible coverage now, and brain cancer later. Those things send your radio into seizures too.

BgBlDodge said:
My cb would drop my egt's to zero on my isspro. Haven't tried it with my dipricol.

Thats cheaper than water injection and you don't have a tank to fill.:hehe:

Just some info....

The Nextel signal can irritate an "Optix" Series Pyrometer..... IF you are going down the road and the Push to Talk function is used or a call is coming in you may notice that the gauge flutters. This is a frequency crossing thing and most of the newer gauges have this fixed.

I have sucessfully swapped out gauges for customers that have had Optix / Nextel issues, but only after triple confirming the Ground is good and the Thermocouple itself was good.

Had a few thermocouple go bad.... We figured that out after replacing 3 pyro's with no success.

If the gauge sticks, it is not the NExtel situation... and more likely the ground or Thermocouple.

My experience only, not facts documented to back this up.

Back