Egts While Pulling

Pony_Kegger

What do you guys like to see for temps while pulling
Truck is running a lot cooler than last year it was 1700+ mid track

This year I have not seen a temp over 1350 any time this year
Have been pulling some fuel and have not seen a temp change.

What do you guys like to see for temps while pulling
Truck is running a lot cooler than last year it was 1700+ mid track

This year I have not seen a temp over 1350 any time this year
Have been pulling some fuel and have not seen a temp change.

I think it has to do a little bit of whether its electric injection or mechanical and the other hard parts for what it will tolerate. I think most 2.6 mechnical motors from haisley are seeing peak power around 1650. I was 1680-1725 last year with a common rail. 1350 seems low and that you're giving up some power at that temp. 1600-1700 has seemed like a good range for me to balance between power and reliability.

It is electric injection, I will try leaning it up some more and try to get the temps up. It runs good just seems a little choked up on the top end. Smoke is what I would call thick and chuncky.

Try something around 1600-1700. I'm running 1600 at 40 at 5500 rpms off the line and 1600 at 36 at 4200 with an hx60. I'm only running 250 overs and they have plenty of fuel for me. Maybe a bit on the lean side so maybe 1600 is about right with your monster injectors.

From what I see you have been kicking everyones but so y change. Lol

Its not that it does not run good, Would just like it to run right. We have got lots of pulls this year that we are going to do, I would say 50 or so passes to make. I am just going to step it down in 25Us increments. The logs will tell me if we are going the right way.
Just don't want to make a big change and burn it up.

Looking at the logs from the dyno runs on that turbo, seems like the best power was made in the 1450-1600° range.

I got tired of burning up and replacing the probes so I never had any idea. I know I hit 2k plus a few times though and she never missed a beat.

Its not that it does not run good, Would just like it to run right. We have got lots of pulls this year that we are going to do, I would say 50 or so passes to make. I am just going to step it down in 25Us increments. The logs will tell me if we are going the right way.
Just don't want to make a big change and burn it up.

Come down 100us for sure, 25us won't make much difference. I run 400% Exergy's and 25-50us makes very little difference other than fine tuning, and I have 8 injectors, not 6.... 100us makes a noticeable difference in smoke, also I'm running a Hart's 3x4.4 and I run less duration than you...but I also have 2 more injectors putting out that same duration.

I would take 100us out and see what it looks like

Agree, that's a lot of time. I'd pull 100us to start and you'll pick up power, 1350 too cold and it takes a fair bit of fuel to pull it that far.

Try something around 1600-1700. I'm running 1600 at 40 at 5500 rpms off the line and 1600 at 36 at 4200 with an hx60. I'm only running 250 overs and they have plenty of fuel for me. Maybe a bit on the lean side so maybe 1600 is about right with your monster injectors.

Just to update my experience. I went to 4" piping, an individual runner intake, a 32cm turbine housing on a JEB Machine HX-60, did a better port and polish on my head, and doubled the size of my intercoolers this off season. I had my first run on Saturday. My egts were down to 1450-1550 on the same tune and I ran 150-200 rpms more down the track.

Back